By Lisa Ostrander
So I am going to try and make an effort to work on a health blog and send out ideas and recipes to the members. (Especially for those of you on the Nutritional challenge, I hope this will help.)
This is something easy and really good for you. You can make this and save in a glass jar. It really gives flavor to anything you put it on and helps to sear in the juices of whatever you are cooking. We use it on chicken, beef, pork and fishes. FYI, It makes salmon taste delicious.
Indian spice rub
- 6 Tablespoons curry powder
- 3 Tablespoons coarse sea salt
- 4 teaspoons crushed red pepper
- 1 Tablespoon ground cumin
- 1 Tablespoon ground coriander
- 1 Tablespoon dried mint
- 2 teaspoon turmeric
- 2 teaspoon ground ginger
- Mix all ingredients in a small bowl (use fork to mix) save in a glass jar.
How to use:
Spread olive oil on meats and fish, dust well or to taste with Indian spice rub and grill.
I use on pork chops, chicken, salmon and swordfish but feel free to use on your choice of meats and fish. Keeps juices in with nice exterior and lots of flavor, full of anti-inflammatory properties.