Why PurePhama M3
Are you taking magnesium? This powerful mineral is found in all muscles in the body and is necessary for muscle contraction. It increases sleep time and quality so you can recover better.
Magnesium is found in all tissues of the body and plays an important role in muscle contraction and energy metabolism. Magnesium takes part in more than 300 processes in the body, including the brain, heart, bones and muscles. Studies show 50% of the population does not meet the recommended daily intake of magnesium. It should be readily available in our foods, but it’s not because there are less minerals in our soil leaving less magnesium in our food.
Only 30-40% of the magnesium ingested is actually taken up by the body.
The top 5 Athletic benefits of magnesium
- Critical for Optimal Muscle and Contraction– allows muscle proteins to detach so muscle can relax between contractions.
- Maintains Energy Production -Critical for mobilization, generation and utilization of energy in cells.
- Maintains Electrolyte balance– restores magnesium lost from dehydration or sweating.
- Enhances Recovery-plays an essential role in the recovery process.
- Better Sleep-increase sleep time and quality by increasing melatonin and lower cortisol.
Muscle pain and cramping: 70% of body weight is water. When the body works hard (e.g. during intense training) it generates heat. Lost heat (sweat)= lost electrolytes. Lost electrolytes and dehydration=muscle pain and cramping
Muscle pain and cramping=slower recovery time.
Whether you’re in intense training mode or an every day work horse, magnesium is essential to your recovery and overall well-being.